+ What is a Virtual School?
The Virtual School is here to improve education outcomes of Children in our Care (CIOC) and Care Experienced Young People. The Virtual School will promote their educational achievement as if they were in a single school. We are champions, advocates and educators.
The school does not exist as a building, although we organise and run some events and sessions for children and young people. The children and young people remain the responsibility of the school at which they are enrolled.
The Virtual School is here to raise attainment for young people through monitoring and tracking children's progress. We coordinate educational services to help us to do this.
+ Key events and updates
Watch out for our new events calendar coming soon! You will be able to find out about trips, workshops, training, Virtual School lessons, and activities happening throughout the year.
+ What do we do?
- Influence policy, develop and improve services for looked after children and care leavers
- Promote individual achievement, health, and well-being
- Provide advice, support and training to professionals, schools, colleges and institutions
- Improve access to health assessments, mental health assessments and treatment
- Provide access to professional advice and guidance on education, training and employment
- Provide opportunities for out of school learning and leisure
- Provide Back to School Advice
- Read our thank you letter to carers.
+ Contact us